RULES & REGULATIONS
AVAILABLE EVENT LOCATIONS AND CAPACITY
- Boardwalk - Maximum capacity 150 persons
- Tender Pier - Maximum capacity 100 persons
- Other Common Areas - Maximum capacity 100 persons
- Park Lane, Open Lawn & Sir Francis Drake Drive - Maximum capacity 1,500 persons
EVENT HOSTING TIMES
The time and duration of the event must coincide with Tortola Pier Park's normal operating hours unless approved by Tortola Pier Park Ltd (TPPL).
Outdoor events cannot be held past 11:00 p.m., music must be discontinued past this time and the event area should be completely shut down by 12:00 a.m. except for cleaning and breakdown.
Approval for events is granted as follows:
- 1. Approval for use of Tortola Pier Park is granted by Tortola Pier Park Ltd and BVI Ports Authority.
- 2. Approval for use of the Tender Pier and floating dock is granted by BVI Ports Authority.
Persons approved to hold an event at the Tortola Pier Park is required to pay a venue fee. Fees may range from from $250 to $5,000 based on the number of attendees, duration and event location, as prescribed in the Tortola Pier Park's Event Policy.
Tortola Pier Park Ltd. reserves the right to review the application to determine the area, and estimated attendees of the event.
Persons are required to take responsibility for additional fees relative to the provision of security, cleaning and maintenance services for the event as determined by Tortola Pier Park Ltd.
Events held by Tortola Pier Park's tenants and Government Departments may be considered for a discount of up to 25%, but must be approved by TPPL Management.
When possible, Tortola Pier Park Ltd. will sponsor and participate in community events.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- 1. The event orgainizer must attend a briefing meeting prior to the event and a debriefing meeting after the event with Tortola Pier Park Management.
- 2. The event organizer must sign an event agreement which stipulates Tortola Pier Park Ltd's terms and conditions. The agreement must be signed at least seven (7) days prior to the event.
- 3. The event organizer must present proof of Third Party Liability Insurance for the event. Insurance must cover for bodily injury and property damage with a minimum limit of liability of $500,000 for 100 or less attendees and $1,000,000 for 101 or more attendees. Tortola Pier Park Ltd and BVI Ports Authority must be listed as additional insured on the insurance.
- 4. Hosting and setup of the event most be in the demarcated area of the Premises only.
- 5. Barricades must be erected to protect the store fronts as prescribed and directed by Tortola Pier Park Ltd. (TPPL), for events taking place after 6 p.m.
- 6. Installation of additional event lighting must be erected under the direction of a Tortola Pier Park representative.
- 7. Ensure that all banners, and other decorations are not attached to any palm tree or other landscaping or building.
- 8. Ensure that all banners or promotional materials affixed within the premises, are in a location and manner approved by TPPL, and shall be removed immediately following the event.
- 9. No third-party vendors or suppliers of goods or services are allowed within the Premises unless prior approval is obtained from TPPL.
- 10. Breakdown and clean up must take place immediately after the event and all property belonging to the event organizer, invitees, guests, agents and/or subcontractors must be removed at this time.
- 11. Take care to preserve the condition of TPP, including lawn, gardens, and exterior of buildings within the premises during setup and breakdown of the event.
- 12. All activities inclusive of sound check, delivery and setup services relative to an event should not be conducted during shopping hours, which is 9am to 6pm.
- 13. Excessive loud music relative to an event is not permitted during Tortola Pier Park Park's operating hours, which is 9am to 6pm.
- 14. Music/entertainment must be in keeping with sections 3 (1) and section 13 of the Noise Control and Abatement Act, 1996. Where exceptions is given by the Commissioner of Police, proof of written consent must be submitted to TPPL Management.
- 15. Use of external security is not permitted, all security services and associated terms will be provided and determined by Tortola Pier Park Ltd. at the expense of the event organizer.
- 16. Until written approval has been provided by Tortola Pier Park Ltd., event organisers are to refrain from including Tortola Pier Park as the event venue.
- 17. All cost relative to the setting up of the event, will be borne by the event organizer.
- 18. Tortola Pier Park Ltd. reserves the right to discontinue the event if it is deemed that the above terms are breached or if there is a security and safety concern.